A ground-breaking online course designed to help you plant in your life – and/or help others plant in theirs – simple, effective, proven practices to improve mood and quality of life. This course is a great introduction to Positive Psychology, helping you become familiar with foundational practices for personal use and/or for passing on to others.
Our free webinar How to be a Positive Psychology Practitioner is on 18th April 2018
The Eight-week course starting on May 2nd 2018 involves three key elements:
- A series of eight weekly webinars offering both training input and coaching support
- An online learning resource with summary tutorials, downloadable handouts, audio downloads, video links and a group discussion forum.
- A home practice element, where you’re invited to try out a different wellbeing practice each week, this being linked to the theme of the webinar.
The course runs over eight consecutive Wednesday webinars of 75 mins each at 7.30pm UK time (1130am US PT, 230pm US ET, 830pm Europe CET) and each session includes a mix of new content, discussion, experiential practice and group coaching.
The Positive Psychology Foundations are based on the PERMA model of Well-being, described by Prof Martin Seligman in his book Flourish. Our model is PERMA+. We’ve added an extra P, R & M to give a thorough grounding in and experience of the most important dimensions of positive psychology.
- Session 1. Positive Emotions: introducing the feel-good factor of hedonic well-being characterised by positive emotions and life satisfaction. We explore the ‘broaden & build theory’ of positive emotions and scientifically-grounded practices that build positivity such as gratitude and savouring.
- Session 2. Engagement: This session introduces the other dimension of authentic happiness – eudaimonic well-being. We cover two forms of engagement. ‘Flow’ is the state of being ‘in the zone’ and strengths – the characteristics and talents that make up the positive self.
- Session 3. Resilience: We’ve added an extra R for Resilience, a core ingredient of positive psychology. This session looks at how to deal with emotional dips, apply the ABC of flexible thinking, cultivate realistic optimism and bounce forward from adversities.
- Session 4. Relationships: Research reveals that the people who are happiest tend to have good close relationships and active social lives. This session moves from the personal to the interpersonal, exploring ways to nourish our relationships and build networks of mutual support.
- Session 5. Meaning: What gives life meaning & purpose? We explore the deeper happiness of eudaimonic well-being and consider how spiritual practices are now used to promote mental health.
- Session 6. Mindfulness: We’ve added the M for Mindfulness as this practice is a proven natural antidepressant, with benefits not only to mood, but also to memory, focus, relationships and health. This session introduces practices that are simple to apply and that might only take a few minutes each day.
- Session 7. Achievement: How to make change and progress your life. We look at the science of goal-setting and using optimistic thinking for success.
- Session 8. Physical: We’ve added the P to reflect the importance of the Physical dimension. We’ll look at how body-focused practices can form an essential part of an integrated Positive Psychology wellbeing programme.
Here’s what past participants said about the course:
“This course far exceeded my expectations; as well as a weekly webinar with two leading positive psychologists, there is a wealth of resources which can be accessed long after the course ends. Miriam and Chris give freely of their knowledge, wisdom and support to empower participants to take control of their happiness and to help others do so.” Carol Marler Life Coach
“I would recommend the Positive Psychology Foundations course to anyone who wants to take responsibility for their own happiness. The course encourages action as well as contemplation… if you follow the very simple practical tools that are recommended on the course you can’t fail to improve your own wellbeing and hopefully the wellbeing of those around you too.” Laura Knightly Brown
“Miriam and Chris are very attuned trainers and present a wealth of stimulating material in an accessible way. Some of the tools I have been introduced to on this course have had a powerful effect on my outlook and I have been recommending them to friends.”
Angela Hill, UK
“This course offers not only an introduction to key concepts and applications of positive psychology, but also a platform for discussions and examples of applying exercises to real life situations. The expertise and excellent moderator skills that Chris and Miriam displayed were amazing.”
Dr Abraham Salinas, USA.
The great thing about having this course online is that you can do it from the comfort of your home. Because it is all recorded, it doesn’t matter if you can’t make all the live sessions. You can easily catch up afterwards – and return to the material whenever you need a ‘top up’ in the future.
The eight webinars of seventy-five minutes each lead to 10 hours CPD with two leading Positive Psychology trainers, and we’re awarding a Positive Psychology Foundations Certificate to those who complete the course.
This course is an ideal fit for you if you’d like to become more familiar with a range of positive psychology based practices that help improve quality of life, and to also nudge yourself to use some of these practices on a regular basis.
This course is also a great next step if you’d like to train as a Positive Psychology practitioner or apply Positive Psychology practices in your work. Experiencing your own personal positive psychology practice is perhaps the best foundation for passing these practical life-enhancing skills on to others.
The course costs £295 (approx $368 or €350), or £245 (approx $304 or €286) if booked before 25th April 2018. There is a concessionary rate of £195 (approx $243 or €228) available for low-income and full-time students, reduced to £165 if booked before 25th April 2018. This is available on request (please contact us using this contact page).
You can book your place via PayPal below – PayPal accepts debit/credit cards and converts currencies where needed (please contact us if you’d prefer to pay via direct bank transfer or cheque). If you have any problems with this link or would prefer to pay by direct bank transfer, please email us using this contact form.