Coaching for Wellbeing with Motivational Interviewing
with Dr Chris Johnstone, Specialist Coach and Trainer for Resilience and Wellbeing
A six-week online course starting Monday 3rd June 2019
Introduced by a free webinar on Monday 20th May at 8pm UK time (the webinar is recorded, making it easy to watch if you can’t make the live event). Click here for Coaching for Wellbeing with Motivational Interviewing Free Webinar
Do your clients sometimes struggle to reach wellbeing goals? Do they stall or slip back after good initial progress? This online course introduces an evidence-based coaching style shown to help people tackle health-harming habits and succeed with wellbeing-related behavioural change. While Motivational Inteviewing was initially developed in the field of health psychology, its principles and core tools can be applied to any type of conscious goal-directed change.
This course is designed for practitioners who address wellbeing in their work, including health professionals, coaches, teachers, complementary therapists, counsellors and psychotherapists. It will also be of interest to anyone keen to more deeply engage their client’s motivation, as well as learn a proven approach to supporting behavioural change.
In this online course you will learn:
- Core practices and principles of Motivational Interviewing, an evidence-based coaching style
- A deepened understanding of how to help clients work with and through resistance and mixed feelings.
- Tools to access deeper sources of motivation in yourself and your clients
The course involves:
- Six webinars of 75 mins, each starting at 8pm UK time on consecutive Mondays starting June 3rd. All webinars are recorded, so they’ll be easy to watch if you miss the live event.
- An online resource with the webinar recordings, video examples, further reading, downloadable handouts and a discussion forum. Participants have long term access to this resource, making it easy to revisit materials at a later date.
This course is led by Dr Chris Johnstone, who has coached people using Motivational Interviewing for over twenty-five years. Training as a medical doctor, he became interested health-related behaviour change in the early 1990s, working as a GP and then in the addictions recovery field before focusing more on coaching and training for resilience and wellbeing.
Chris lives in the north of Scotland, where he teaches Positive Psychology, Resilience Skills and Motivational Interviewing online at CollegeofWellbeing.com
If you book before May 27th 2019, you can benefit from an early booking discount price of £195 (approx US$248 or €217). After this date, the course costs £245 (approx US$312 or €272). Please book using the PayPal link below. Paypal accepts credit or debit cards and converts currencies if needed. We also offer an early-bird concessionary rate of £140 (approx US$178 or €156) for full time students and those on a low income if booked before 27th May, and £165 after this (approx $210 or €184). This is available on request (please contact us using this contact page).